Friends of Wetheringsett School
Terms of Reference
The aims of the Friends of Wetheringsett C of E Primary School are to:
- To provide activities and events to support and enhance school provision.
- To consider suggestions from staff, parents and children as to how funds should be spent and to authorise expenditure
- To provide social events and activities for Wetheringsett Primary school pupils, parents and guardians and to raise funds for specific projects in the school.
Friends meet these aims by having 'Fun while Fundraising'. It coordinates a range of social occasions throughout the school year such as Disco’s, Tuck Shop, Break the Rules Day, Easter Egg Hunts, Sports Night Refreshments etc. All events raise funds for specific projects to improve the facilities of the school or support the school's charitable work.
- All parents and carers of children at Wetheringsett Cof E Primary School are automatically members of the ‘Friends’.
- An annually elected committee coordinates meetings and events. Activities are open to all members. The ‘Friends’ relies on the support of volunteers and the more people that get involved, the more we can achieve.
Members of the Friends committee are parents/guardians who have a child/ren attending the school and who are volunteers. Staff members will also be represented on the committee. Up to 8 committee members are elected annually and include a chair person/s, treasurer and secretary. These roles are unremunerated. The formal committee will meet at least once each term for the organisation of specific events and activities.
The current officers for the 2023/24 year are;
Mrs Janine Wright- Chairperson
Mrs Nicola McKay - Treasurer
Mrs Frances Hall - Secretary
Committee members - ,Mrs louise Crouch, Mrs Vicky Dreher , Mrs Ruth Gale and Mrs Natasha Barnes
Channels of Communication
School management, governance and operational procedures fall outside the remit of the Friends. Individual pupil or parent concerns should be raised through the appropriate channels following school guidelines.
The Break the Rules Day for Children in Need and Friends raised £78.65.
Refreshments after the Nativity on the 15th of December Christmas Disco on the 20th of December.
All profits from any fundraising event goes straight to benefit the children at our school.
The friends always welcomes new ideas for fundraising projects. Please get in touch or come along to the next meeting.
You can donate to Friends as you shop at this address:
We would like to say a BIG thank you to all who helped out at the weekend to help to brighten up our playground. Parents, carers and children all joined in to paint the fence and fill our new planters with sand and soil. We are looking forward to finishing our quiet spiritual reflection area.